Kale is one of the trendier salad leaves right now due of its high nutritional content! I find I enjoy a good kale salad when it’s topped with delicious goodies like sauteed onions, lentils, heirloom tomatoes, and sprouts! A friend turned me on to a simpler version of this recipe, I loved it and immediately began imagining what else I could add. I’m nothing if not a health food glutton.
- 2 cups curly kale, massaged and stems removed (trust me the stems are bitter and yucky.. you dont want to eat them)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup cooked lentils
- 1 heirloom tomato, the prettier the color the better
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup broccoli sprouts (they are my favorite!!)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/8 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Wash, massage, and destem the kale
- Chop the red onion and tomatoes
- Juice the lemons, and mix the juice with the Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Water saute the red onion, once the onions are starting to turn pink, pour in the lemon-liquid aminos mixture and simmer for another few minutes on low
- Assemble the kale and tomatoes, lentils in a bowl and top with the warm red onions and lemon juice mixture
- Top with bean sprouts and broccoli sprouts
- Mix salad together and enjoy!