As anyone who knows me can attest, I’m ALL about finding delicious healthy food. If it happens to be vegetarian or plant based even better! These amazing tacos are a variation of the recipe from Two Peas and their Pod. After making these multiple times, for my boyfriend, I’ve added my own touches and of course my homemade guacamole. Because what taco isn’t made 100x better by adding guacamole?!? Can you think of one? I can’t, so basically — ALL OF THEM! 🙂 I think I’m a little obsessed with avocados, I eat at least one per day, but those healthy fats are good for you!
These tacos are super simple to make, and a definite crowd pleaser! This recipe serves 4, but can be easily doubled for a taco Tuesday dinner party! The best part, besides the fact that they are DELICIOUS and HEALTHY, they are also relatively Cheap to make.
Chickpeas are only just starting to come into popularity, as the ‘star of the plate’, and it’s about damn time! They are super filling protein and fiber filled legumes! I always grab a can or two to have on hand each time I go to the grocery store, as they can be used in many different tasty ways!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium head cauliflower, washed and broken into small florets
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 minced garlic cloves (use a garlic press if available)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 table spoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Juice of 2 small limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- Chopped cilantro as garnish
- 8 Corn tortillas
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large avocados, sliced and diced
- Juice of 2 limes cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 10 mini heirloom tomatoes chopped
- 1 jalapeño, sliced, seeds and white meat removed
- 1/4 cup red onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together chili powder, paprika, cumin, fresh garlic, lime juice, salt, olive oil, and water. Add in chickpeas and cauliflower florets, mix well until covered. Place chickpeas and cauliflower on a greased baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, flip halfway through cooking. Chickpeas should be crispy but not hard and the cauliflower tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make the lime crema, place the Greek yogurt or sour cream in a small bowl. Add fresh lime juice and cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. mix well.
- To make the Guacamole, add diced avocados, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well
- Heat up corn tortillas and assemble starting with a base of the lime crema and guacamole, then place roasted cauliflower and chickpeas on top. Top with green cabbage, a little more of the lime crema and cilantro.
I want to give a big thank you to my Boyfriend, Sharif, for photographing and editing these photos before leaving for his business trip last night. THANK YOU BABE!