Salad is one of my FAVORITE foods! I’m not talking about those wimpy side salads you get before your meal at restaurants. You know the ones with iceburg lettuce, a few cherry tomatoes, some cucumber slices, and a couple of croutons if your lucky… I’m talking about behemoth chopped crunchy Man-Sized Salads! Salads are so refreshing, healthy, filling, and versatile. I love shopping at the local Farmers Market for farm fresh, organic, local produce, as it just tastes better. I routinely eat a huge family-sized salad to myself everyday for lunch. I’m not kidding, it’s about 8-10 cups of salad daily! If you look closely at a photo below, today’s salad was around 8 cups! I almost always make chopped salads, as I like getting a perfectly even ratio of ingredients to every bite. To me there is nothing worse than getting a mouth full of cucumber… unless of course, that’s what you intended..
Todays Chopped Chicken Salad is a combination of the fresh produce I brought home from the Farmer’s Market yesterday!
Serves one (or two if you feel like sharing)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 3 cups arugula leaves
- 1 heirloom tomato
- 1 persian cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 10 grapes
- 1 small Fuji apple
- 1 lemon
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 cup free range hormone free chicken breast
- 1/2 California avocado
- 1/8 cups broccoli sprouts
- 1/8 cup goat cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons Rice Wine vinegar
- Wash all the produce
- Chop ingredients into small pieces
- Transfer ingredients into a large bowl (I used a mixing bowl for its large capacity)
- Slice and juice Lemon directly into the salad bowl
- Top with 2-3 tablespoons of Rice wine Vinegar
- Mix thoroughly so all ingredients have the perfect ratio of dressing
- Enjoy with a spoon as I have been known to do!